Many varieties of this exist here in Texas where we love our bacon and we love our hot peppers, but this is my "fancy" version that we served as a Thanksgiving appetizer. Tonight, this augmented a spaghetti and meatball dinner (which, yes these items do not suit each other, but we didn't care!).
*8 Seeded Jalapenos, sliced in half length-wise (If you don't know how to seed them, here is one link, you'll want to seed them or they will be super hot!)
*1 Tablespoon of goat cheese per Jalapeno half
*Chopped walnuts (no more than 1/4 Cup, just enough to sprinkle over the goat cheese)
*8 Slices of Bacon
1. Slice and seed the jalapenos.
2. Using a small spoon, spread goat cheese liberally inside the cleaned jalapeno halves.
3. Place walnuts over the goat cheese (I press them in so they don't come loose).
4. Cut bacon in half and use 1/2 a slice to wrap around one jalapeno.
5. Finish remaining jalapenos - arrange in an oven safe dish or on a foil lined baking dish and bake in oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes (or until bacon is crisp), turn once.
6. As an added flavor, I drizzled them with a honey-balsalmic vinegar reduction before they went in the oven, it helps off-set the spicy-ness of some of the smaller/hotter peppers.
**Side note: to seed these peppers we used a tool my mom picked up at Market Days in Fredericksburg, TX, called the "Pepper Whipper" -check out her foodbuzz for more info. PPS - I was asked to "thank" the Pepper Whipper...it's my mom (some of you know her as Texas to Mexico)...yes folks she's humble to boot!
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (70)
- Christmas Eve Tradition
- Christmas Cookie Double Play
- Family arrives, and Christmas (sort of) begins!
- Cold Pizza and Christmas Presents...turns into Roa...
- The tree is up and cookie test #4 is here...
- Sweet Saturday Morning German Apple Pancake
- It's the Great Christmas Pumpkin Charlie Brown.......
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Cookie Test # 3 and a Heisman Nod...
- Mourning the loss of the Championship game...
- I hate OU
- Cookie Test # 2 - Sugar Cookies
- How did I make it to the USPS most hated list?
- Christmas cookie recipe testing - or an excuse to ...
- ▼ December (14)