My parents have driven all day and are about twenty minutes out and the quiche in the oven is about ten minutes from done...mmmm, warm dinner, cold night, family, how much better does it get?
Leek, Ham & Swiss Quiche
Crust (Quick n Easy Quiche Crust borrowed from RecipeZaar)
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Ice Cold Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Cups Milk (or Half and Half)
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp White Pepper
1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup Sliced Leeks
1 1/2 Cup Cubed Ham
6 oz Swiss Cheese
1. To make crust, whisk salt and flour together; mix oil and water together. Pour oil mixture in with flour and mix with fork. Press into greased 9 inch pie plate. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Beat eggs, add milk and seasoning.
3. Place sliced leeks and cubed ham into pie plate.
4. Add 1/2 of cheese to milk and egg mixture; mix and pour over leeks and ham.
5. Add remaining cheese to top of pie plate.
6. Bake for appx 45 minutes, or until it has set and is browned.
I love quiche as dinner and the next day for breakfast...hope you all enjoy this too.