Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The tree is up and cookie test #4 is here...
While Colt may not have won the Heisman, Christmas is always an opportunity to show off my UT spirit...yes, that's right the UT Christmas Tree is here...as is UT Santa! So here is my beloved Xmas tree and the matching Santa...now that the tree is trimmed I really need to wrap gifts but instead I tested yet another cookie recipe. A favorite of mine is a recipe my mother has made since I was a kid, Candy Cane Crips Cookies....this year I added semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mix and I'm quite happy with the results!
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Crisp Cookies
1 Cup Butter
1 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar (reserve 1/4 Cup)
1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 1/3 Cup Flour
1 1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Rolled Oats
3/4 Cup Chopped, Coarsly Crushed Candy Canes
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Cream butter, vanilla and 1 cup powdered sugar; add in flour, salt and oats until evenly mixed. Stir in crushed candy and chocolate chips. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and roll in reserved powdered sugar. Then flatten with a fork onto a greased, flour dusted baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool on sheet for 3-4 minutes before moving to rack to continue cooling.
To crush the candy canes, I put them in a freezer ziploc and beat them with a rolling pin....one great stress reliever!
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (70)
- Christmas Eve Tradition
- Christmas Cookie Double Play
- Family arrives, and Christmas (sort of) begins!
- Cold Pizza and Christmas Presents...turns into Roa...
- The tree is up and cookie test #4 is here...
- Sweet Saturday Morning German Apple Pancake
- It's the Great Christmas Pumpkin Charlie Brown.......
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Cookie Test # 3 and a Heisman Nod...
- Mourning the loss of the Championship game...
- I hate OU
- Cookie Test # 2 - Sugar Cookies
- How did I make it to the USPS most hated list?
- Christmas cookie recipe testing - or an excuse to ...
- ▼ December (14)