Earlier in November while visiting with my Grandmother and Great Grandmother I ran across this recipe in Texas Co-op Power magazine (November 08 Issue) and decided it might be worth messing with as a test for Chistmas. It was part of a trio of contest winning "cookie swap" recipes...I cut it in half (and that's how it's shown here) for my test.
1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Egg (At Room Temperature)
1/2 Tsp Water
1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
4 oz Toffee Bits (Heath is good)
4 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
4 oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 325; whisk flor, baking powder and salt together. Beat butter with mixer at meduim high until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and vanilla; mix well.
Whisk eggs and water. Add butter to mixture; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in pecans, toffee and chocolate chips. Chill 1 hour or until dough is firm. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes, until lightly browned on edges only. Cool on wire racks. Makes 2.5 dozen cookies.
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (70)
- Christmas Eve Tradition
- Christmas Cookie Double Play
- Family arrives, and Christmas (sort of) begins!
- Cold Pizza and Christmas Presents...turns into Roa...
- The tree is up and cookie test #4 is here...
- Sweet Saturday Morning German Apple Pancake
- It's the Great Christmas Pumpkin Charlie Brown.......
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Cookie Test # 3 and a Heisman Nod...
- Mourning the loss of the Championship game...
- I hate OU
- Cookie Test # 2 - Sugar Cookies
- How did I make it to the USPS most hated list?
- Christmas cookie recipe testing - or an excuse to ...
- ▼ December (14)