As some of you may have read on my mom's blog, one of the days of our trip was quite newsworthy, ok so maybe it wasn't but we still hit the news on the day we hit the water. Check out the story on Mom's blog. Here are a few shots from my day on the lake:
In honor of my time spent on the water, I decided to post one of my favorite easy shrimp recipes. This was born out of an evening when I had a bunch of fresh parsley a handful of shrimp and very little else that looked tasty, now it's become an easy go-to!
Lemon Herbed Shrimp
1 LB Shelled/Peeled (I leave the tail on) and Deveined Shrimp
1 Bunch Fresh Flat Parsley, Chopped
2 Cloves Minced Garlic
Fresh Ground Pepper
1 Large Fresh Lemon
1. Season shrimp with about 1 tbsp olive oil, the zest of the lemon, all of the minced garlic and salt and pepper to your tastes. Allow it to sit for thirty minutes.
2. Heat a skillet or grill pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, when the oil is hot, drop your shrimp in and let them cook until pink on both sides. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon, and the chopped parsley. Heat another minute or two. Serve immediately.
In this photo the shrimp are served alongside roasted, seasoned sweet potatoes and sauteed green beans.
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day - April 30
- Tri-Colored Warm Pasta Salad and an Award!
- Slow Cooked Sunday
- Just a few of the reasons I love Spring...
- Cookie Disaster and the final semi-homemade dinner...
- Semi-homemade pasta for the time crunched...
- Spring is here and asparagus are near!
- Beach Daze...
- Pantry Raid: Singapore Noodles
- Quick and Easy Indian Food ala Box?
- Everything Old is New Again: Dr. Pepper Cake!
- Mexico Part Deux - and Lemon Herbed Shrimp
- ▼ April (12)