Some weeknights just don't lend themselves to serious cooking, yup this entire week has really been like that for me...some semi-homemade dinner on Monday (same tonight), sandwiches and leftovers in between...truth be told tomorrows shaping up for a semi-homemade dinner so why not make this a trifecta of easy semi-homemade dinners....tonight, Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti with homemade sauce. Ok for those of you who frequent the Food Network I feel that I should go ahead and acknowledge the reference of semi-homemade, it's a Sandra Brown reference, she's not my favorite (yea I'm sure someone just got upset with me for saying that) but since I'm throwing her phrase around here I need to give her credit!
Two Steps to my semi-homemade pasta dinner...
Step one - buy some pasta :)
*Funny side note here, literally the day after I posted this recipe a substantial sized box appeared on my front porch from Foodbuzz (oh, how I love Foodbuzz), inside my box....dry ice and Buitoni Wild Mushroom Agnolotti! Foodbuzz and Buitoni have either started reading my mind or just have very fortuitous timing...needless to say you might see another sauce for these delicious little pastas soon!
Step two - pasta sauce!
2 28oz cans diced tomatoes
1 medium chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp fresh oregano
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 strips chopped raw bacon
1. Cook bacon in a large pot at medium-high.
2. When bacon is nearly cooked, saute onion, garlic and for five minutes (or until tender), season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add tomatoes, oregano, thyme, basil and bay leaves to pot. Bring to a boil, season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, stir in tomato paste. Allow sauce to reduce, approximately 30-45 minutes.
4. Serve topped with fresh chopped basil.
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day - April 30
- Tri-Colored Warm Pasta Salad and an Award!
- Slow Cooked Sunday
- Just a few of the reasons I love Spring...
- Cookie Disaster and the final semi-homemade dinner...
- Semi-homemade pasta for the time crunched...
- Spring is here and asparagus are near!
- Beach Daze...
- Pantry Raid: Singapore Noodles
- Quick and Easy Indian Food ala Box?
- Everything Old is New Again: Dr. Pepper Cake!
- Mexico Part Deux - and Lemon Herbed Shrimp
- ▼ April (12)