After a weekend of delicious seafood and wonderful beach fun coming back to reality can be tough....boy working after spending my time in the sun is a rough way to come back. Alas, the beach was wonderful, even when it was raining (yes unfortunately it rained Saturday) it was relaxing and great time with my family. I hope you and yours had a wonderful weekend and holiday.
Since I was traveling home on Easter afternoon I have no feast to post about, just a simple Monday night dinner. To tell the truth there wasn't much effort that had to be put forth for Monday night dinner, my grillmaster (a.k.a. my boyfriend) cooked a delicious pre-seasoned pork tenderloin from Central Market, it was a rosemary, garlic, pesto seasoned pork tenderloin, I mixed up a packed of mushroom risotto and roasted some fresh asparagus. Other than bragging about the tastiness of the tenderloin, there's not much to share there, the whole pre-seasoned from the store thing kind of takes the wind out of my sails there, but the asparagus, oh the asparagus!
Lemon Roasted Asparagus
Salt & Pepper
2 Large Shallots, Sliced
1. Preheat oven to 500 F.
2. Chop woody portion of stem off of asparagus. Place in 13x9 baking dish, drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Lay shallot slices over asparagus. Zest lemon over the asparagus. Then slice it and juice it over the asparagus as well.
3. Once oven has reached 500 F, place asparagus into it, stir every two minutes until asparagus are tender (appx 8 minutes).
These were really the only homemade portion of my meal but they were so good that between just me and my boyfriend the entire batch was gone!
- ► 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (40)
- National Oatmeal Cookie Day - April 30
- Tri-Colored Warm Pasta Salad and an Award!
- Slow Cooked Sunday
- Just a few of the reasons I love Spring...
- Cookie Disaster and the final semi-homemade dinner...
- Semi-homemade pasta for the time crunched...
- Spring is here and asparagus are near!
- Beach Daze...
- Pantry Raid: Singapore Noodles
- Quick and Easy Indian Food ala Box?
- Everything Old is New Again: Dr. Pepper Cake!
- Mexico Part Deux - and Lemon Herbed Shrimp
- ▼ April (12)